Writing Update #1

So, I have been meaning to write a novel for ages. Even had a go at NaNoWriMo a couple of times but it never wanted to work out. The story lost steam and every sentence I wrote seemed like the wrong one. Currently, I'm working on another thing. Sure, it's probably condemned to fail just as it has happened all the times before.

For some reason, though, I'm hopeful. Perhaps that is naïve. Somehow, without having written one single word of the novel itself, I'm closer to a finished first draft than never before. I have been planning a lot lately - a lot.

The idea of the story is kind of a mixture of all the ideas I had before. It takes the good from each of them. I've been working on the idea for quite a time now and I'm still not tired of it which is definitely a good sign.

I have done some wordbuilding with more than 2,000 words until now and that's not even the half of what I have to do to fully grasp the world and the setting. After that, I will concentrate on the characters - especially my protagonist needs to be prepared for her important role of being the novel's main driving force.

Last but not least, I will finally be able to flesh out the skeleton I keep calling my rough outline. Fill all the plot holes, think about the details of that particular conflict and that other plot twist.

The only thing left after that will be to transform the detailed outline into an even more detailed scene overview (yes, that's the extent to which I want to have the novel planned out before actually writing it!).

If everything goes as planned I will be able to do all this in August and September so that I can spend October doing some writing prompts and exercises and getting to know my characters better (by writing diary entries, social media posts and everything else I can think of).

And then when November and with it NaNoWriMo comes I want to finally write the novel and at the same time finally, finally win NaNoWriMo for the first time.

So yeah. Guess we will have to wait and see what happens next!

All the love, Diren.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

STARS | wordbound #3

January 2017 • WRAP-UP

Hope Is Playing This Cruel Game With Me | Black Out Poetry #1